Sunday, September 8, 2013

Plan B

 
 
My only sister Sharon Gimlin is going to be a Grandma for the first time.  We are all excited because the Baby is a girl.  My sister has 2 Boys and I don't have any children of my own.  So I had found the perfect fabric that I wanted to make a really special quilt for the baby.  But the fabric wasn't going to be available until the end of August.  Well, okay I could wait until then.  But August came and went and still the fabric wasn't available.  The Baby Shower is scheduled for the first weekend in October.  I had to start that quilt!  So, Plan B.  I ordered another Fabric.  And decided to make a simple Quilt and save the other one for Christmas.
 
 I used some Pale Yellow and Pale Pink Minkee with the cute Riley Blake Fabric I ordered.


 The back of the Quilt is the Pale Pink Minkee and I did all straight line Quilting with the Walking Foot.


I bought this cute little "PS I Love You" tag years ago.  And I finally had a chance to use it.
 
 I attached the Binding by Machine with a Blanket Stitch.  The front looks great.  But the back, not so much.
 
And then with the left over fabric I made these really cute Burp Cloths. 
 
I have a pretty good weekend.  And my Baby Gifts are all ready for the shower.  Now on to making Napkins for my Dinner Party I'm having for my Mother's 85th Birthday on Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. The quilt turned out super cute. I'm sure your niece will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Debbie, and I love the addition of the burp cloths with the extra fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Lucky, lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete