Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Journey

I must warn you. If you don't want to see my x-ray exit from this Blog.

If there is anyone still looking at my Blog except Barbara and some of the Material Girls, I will update you on my life.

One reason I haven't updated my Blog is that my life had a big change last fall/winter of 2011. I was diagnosed with Chondrosarcoma on my left pelvic bone. Chondrosarcoma is a primary bone cancer. I had surgery on December 29, 2011 at Stanford Hospital. My doctor was David Mohler. He removed the left side of my pelvic bone and a lot of soft tissue in my pelvic area and upper leg. The Tumor Board at Stanford had good news for me. The tumor was a grade 1. Which is wonderful news! I was off of work for 3 months. And I returned to work on April 2. I do get tired and I am not very energetic yet. But I'm sure that will get better.

This is a picture of my X-ray after the surgery. As you can see the left side of my pelvic is gone. They replaced if with a mesh. That is suppose to hold everything in.




So that is what I've been up to the last few months. One good thing is that I was able to do some quilting while I was home!

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad that you are almost back to the way you were. I think the x-ray is cool.

    ReplyDelete